Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hump Day

Oh Glory --- it's hump day! That doesn't mean much since I have to work this weekend. My last "official weekend of work" before the new gig is up. I'm getting more and more anxious about it as the time draws nearer. I am very encouraged by the confidence the staff has in me, but nervous about it at the same time. I don't want to let anyone down. But, then I think --- I'm an athlete I can usually come through under pressure; why should my job be any different? Right? Right!

I do have the day off tomorrow, which WAS exciting until I started making my list of things to do. Now I am beginning to think it would be less hectic just to go to work. Though I am excited to meet my friend, Katie and her baby for lunch. That makes me happy and will likely be the highlight of my day. My poor car has to go to the auto doctor tomorrow --- some erg, egr, or abc valve is broken and time to be fixed. Especially if I'm gonna get my new TN license plates.... all the cool people have them. :) We have some crazy emission law around here and you have to get your emissions tested before they will allow you to get your registration renewed. Just another way to make a buck,I guess. But be the good law-abiding person that I am, I will get it checked.

Speaking of law abiding --- I got a speeding ticket today. I guess it was just meant to be. I got pulled over yesterday and received a warning ... today, however ---not so lucky. I know, I know TWO DAYS in a row! What can I say? I don't feel good and when I don't feel good the last thing I want to do is drive. So, I hurry from here to there and BAM ---they got me. I've never been to drivers classes before but I am thinking it might be a good idea at this time. I don't want that crazy ticket on my insurance. We'll see, I am gonna have to look into that deal and see if its worth the time. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be.

So, all that to say ---it's HUMP DAY. But, to me, it's just another day. Hope yours is good.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Hey Chica-
Sorry I didn't call you back the other night. You sounded kinda down. I hope all is well and that you are feeling better.
Here's a news flash for the day: BOYS ARE DUMB!
Love ya.