Tuesday, January 17, 2006

#32

As we all did, I just started a new year. Not just any year... my 32nd year! That is a pretty big deal to me. Remember when you were in high school and/or junior high and you'd sit next to the athletes in your class? Remember how they would write their number next to their name as they signed their assignments? Or how they would prance around in their football (or my in case, volleyball) jacket or jersey, wearing their number with pride as though they had just been given a gold medal in the olympics? Well, I was that person. And when I was in school my number was 32! I was obsessed. I'd think it was some special sign if I looked at the clock and it was "8:32" or if gas was only $1.32, I'd shout out "32! Did you see it?!" After showering, I'd vandalize the fogged up bathroom mirror with 32's ranging in size. I even went so far as to get a Highway 32 sign (illegal, I know) for my 16th birthday from a dear friend of mine, at the time. Anyway, like I said, I was obsessed.
The point you ask? Well I recently realized this is my 32nd year...not only that but I was born on the 32nd day of the year! February 1st for those who can't figure it out. Do you know it took me 32 years to realize I was born on the 32nd day?! I shouldn't tell people that, but its true. Oh yeah, back to the point... I am claiming that this year is my best year yet. It HAS to be ... I mean after all its my 32nd year. So keep reading in the days to come as I share with you some of the newest, greatest happenings in my not-so-entertaining life. :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It is so gona be your year so come and see me! I miss you,

Smandy