Friday, January 20, 2006

Early Blessings

It's not technically my 32nd year yet, but good things have been happening. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I was approached by my former supervisor (now a big cheese here at the agency I work for) and asked about my professional goals. After a short while she approached me about some upcoming opportunities she wanted me to take advantage of her at our agency. Her confidence and support led me to a few interviews and now 2 1/2 weeks later, I have accepted a job in managment as a supervisor of a team here at MHC. I'm pretty excited about it. So the new job change to take place, February 6th would be blessing #1.

As for blessing #2, it is still in the works but I am looking into buying a condo. I found a great one in the area where I currently lived. I'm still working through some financial details but it looks like it could happen. I feel so grown up, or at least like I am headed in that direction. I'm humbled and grateful for the early blessings of my 32nd year and find myself wanting to "do right" so as not to mess anything up. What a warped thought process --- to think that i have done anything to deserve any of the blessings I have received. I suppose the thought process should be to remain grateful for that which is sent my way and be wise in the process of change, whatever that looks like.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I gotts say I am so proud of you. It almost makes me wish I would of left you alone so you might have learned at school. I am proud of you. Me

W Family said...

Hey, Traci! I got your link off of Karla's blog. I just wanted to drop you a note to say congrats on your good news and blessings...and I hope you get at least 32 more before the year's end!

We just started a family blog, too. Feel free to check it out. It's www.walterfamilynews.blogspot.com

Much love to you...
Amanda

Karla said...

I just wanted to tell you that I really do think this is YOUR YEAR!! January has started with a bang, my friend...can't wait to see what the rest of 2006 has in store.
Thanks for the talk the other night. I sure do love you!!