Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pieces of You


Days full of joy...
Memories for a lifetime from a little girl and boy.
Smiles that melt my heart,
Hugs that touch my soul,
The laughter that still lingers makes my heart feel full.
Memories of the parks,
Feeding ducks at the lake,
Rules said at nap-time,
the hugs when you'd awake.
Trips to the zoo,
Watching trains throughout the day,
The sound of your voice as you learned to pray.
The never ending traing songs
always right on key,
still echo through my ears; they're all part of me.
Although now you're gone and I don't see you day to day
there's something in my memory thatwill not go away.
The smiles that melt my heart, the hugs that melt my soul, those big brown eyes
looking back at me...
the piece that makes me whole.






written by Traci Pekovitch; January 11th, 2000



I had the privledge of caring for these children during their earliest years of life. I have the blessing now that they are still in my life and that the times we spend together are just as sweet as they always were. They were in town this week and I took yesterday off to spend the day with them. We played, talked, looked through old photos, and even read this poem together. Justin was able to recall some of the memories and sweet moments together. Audrey, however, was much too young. The great thing is regardless of what they do and do not remember about our days together; one thing they remember and never will forget is they are loved. They are loved by me and forever will be.

No comments: