Saturday, November 29, 2008

I don't really have a lot to say, but it had been awhile since I wrote on the blog and even I am getting tired of seeing the same 'ole shoulder shots on the first page. So, I thought I'd add a new one...

Can you believe its almost Christmas? I'm happy to say I'm three gifts away from being done with my shopping. No, I didn't go shopping on Black Friday! I don't like shopping the other 364 days a year; I'm definitely not going on that day! Nonetheless, I'm almost done.

Last Monday night I thought I'd take a cruise out to Opry Mills for a quick round of the mall. I thought "its Monday night...no one goes shopping on Monday night!" I might have been right about that, but what I wasn't counting on was the 400-500 teenage kids running around. Apparently there was some sort of conference going on and the kids were finished for the night. It was a stark reminder to me of my junior high days ---loitering around the mall, paying no attention to those around me, and trying to act as though I was about 10 years older than I actually was. (And all this was BEFORE cell phones!) The other night was madness. Kids running around, talking on the phone, running into people, standing...no...lying in exits. I literally had to step over someone to walk out of the mall. Needless to say, it expedited the whole shopping trip. I figured I was there, I might as well finish what I started.

(It was also my first night out of the sling; perhaps the kiddos would have been a little more attentive to the girl with the gimp arm had I kept it on.)

So, in summary....................I'm glad I'm not a junior high kid anymore.

No comments: