Saturday, November 08, 2008

Shoulder Update

Front of shoulder

Back of shoulder


Well it's been nearly four weeks since surgery and things are going pretty well. Much better than expected actually. I have physical therapy three times a week and though they kick my butt while I'm there it's really paying off. I can lift my arm over my head (after stretching), I can carry light-weight items, and today I tied my shoes!! I'm "supposed" to be in the sling another two weeks; but, I'll be honest I take it off now and then. It's funny how your body knows what it needs; I take it off when I feel cramped and put it on when it feels weak and apparently that is working for me. I CAN drive again, providing me with the independance I needed to feel better. I still can't write that much but typing is getting easier. It appears we use more shoulder muscles for writing than we do for typing. Who would've thunk it??












No comments: