Wednesday, June 03, 2009

getting old

I know anyone that continues to check the blog is probably a little suprised by this update. As I write this I'm at home in IL visiting my family. I arrived on Monday and have since been playing basketball, riding the four-wheeler, doing some lawn mowing and a whole lot of eating. Today is rainy and chilling so I'm enjoying a little downtime watching the news and playing on the intranet. One quick story to entertain:

My nephew and I are riding down the country roads on the four wheeler. I'm enjoying country air, taking a trip down memory lane prompted by the various sites and sounds of my old neighborhood, and I say to Tyler; "I wish I would have had a four wheeler when I was a kid." Tyler pauses and says, "did they even have four wheelers when you were a kid? I mean, had they been invented yet?" I'm officially old.

No comments: