Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sick Days

I was home sick from work today - the bronchitis I had a few weeks ago thought it would return just to torment me a little. Sore throat, cough... you know the drill. BUT, as the day went on I found myself feeling more energized and, in Traci-like fashion, spent my entire day in busy-bee mode. I did stop for a little chicken noodle soup mid day, then it was back to laundry, cleaning windows and organizing those few piles of miscellaneous items. I know, I know, not typically how one spends a sick day. I think it all had something with the fever I was running... SPRING FEVER! It was 70 degrees -- crazy since less than 5 days ago we had snow. (It seldom snows in Tennessee).

In addition to the previously mentioned errands, I took a trip or two down memory lane on a trail of college photos, letters from friends and old high school yearbooks. I sat in the garage for nearly two hours triggering memories; birthday parties, proms, college RNO's, sporting events and numerous BFF's from junior high, high school and college. Unbelievable how many years have past. At the end of the two hours I found myself very encouraged and blessed and far healthier than I was when I first started my trip. If laughter is the best medicine, then I'd have to say good memories are a close second.

No comments: