Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Saturday

HAPPY SATURDAY, FRIENDS!

Not much to say today, but it's been a week or so since my last post so I thought I'd check in and update you on any happenings in my life. (Of which there are few).



Here's the top three most asked questions lately (from those reading my blog):



1.) How are you sleeping?

2.) How are you feeling?

3.) Is that family still with you?



And here are the answers:



1.) I'm sleeping better lately. The medicine (Lyrica) the doctor put me on seems to be helping with my pain and discomfort at night. I've only been on the full dose for a few days, so it's probably too early to tell it this is gonna work but so far I have a good feeling about it all. I go to see the Rheumotologist (sp?) on September 12th.



2.) As stated above, I'm feeling pretty good. Minus the pulled tricep I got the other night when attempting to take a total body workout class. I started off with a little too much weight and about thirty minutes into the class was lucky to have not dropped the weights on my head.



3.) And lastly, yes - yes the family is still living with me. BUT, it gets better .... now its a family of five! Yes, that's right FIVE! The kids are all in school now, but as you can imagine 6, 9, and 15 year old children have a lot of energy and coming home to rest at night is a thing of the past. The mother and I had a talk lastnight in which I told her that I was "ready for change". I explained that I've reached the point where I feel as though its starting to drag on and I'm ready for the light at the end of the tunnel. She assured me they have a plan to be in a place of their own or renting by Sept 14th. Again, I'm bending --- but, it's not like their bad people and it's been horrible. That is not the case. It's nothing more and nothing less than I want my space and my privacy back. It's coming.



Well, that is basically the up-to-date news for me. I'm headed home next weekend to spend some time with my family for Tyler's birthday. Can you believe he is going to be 8!!!??? I can't believe it. Seems like yesterday I was dancing around the living room with him in my arms or teaching him how to ride a bike with no training wheels. He's doing great. He's into all sorts of sports (which, of course, makes me very excited) most recent sport of choice --- swimming. He recently told my sister that when he grows up he plans to be a diver. Apparently the diver's that found his dad last December made an impression on him and now he states he wants to do the same. Sure, our goals and aspirations change here and there as kids, but for now I thought it was very telling as to how the little man is doing.

Well that is pretty much it for me. I hope you all have a great Saturday and weekend and I'll touch base soon!

No comments: