Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Marathon

Have you ever run a marathon? I haven't either, but lately that has been the analogy I have used to describe my life. I feel like I'm running a marathon but hadn't been training for it. See, I took a new job about 2 weeks ago and though I like it the pace is much faster than what i was used to the past 2 years. It's one of those jobs (as are many) where every person you deal with thinks that the universe revolves around them. Never mind the calendar, the clock, previous appointments, or lunch ---they want what they want, when they want it. And, me in my sick, distorted way have been trying to accomadate them one by one - only all at the same time. Does that make sense?
I'm learning a new job and I know that takes time, but I have this little problem called "inability to relax". Until I "have it figured out" I feel like I'm running the marathon, if you will, but haven't trained enough to know how to pace myself, or what to do to recover when I start to feel drained.
Thank God for anti-anxiety meds! I just wish they didn't take 6 weeks to start working. (Yeah, I work with the mentally ill and have a small element of my own.) Who doesn't? :)
I'm sure it'll get better - I mean that is what everyone is telling me. I guess I'll trust them and just keep on running the race.

1 comment:

Karla said...

One day at a time, Trac. You don't have to solve all the world's problems (or all your own problems) all in one day.
By the way, when are you coming to the concert? Be safe and have fun.