Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Marathon

Have you ever run a marathon? I haven't either, but lately that has been the analogy I have used to describe my life. I feel like I'm running a marathon but hadn't been training for it. See, I took a new job about 2 weeks ago and though I like it the pace is much faster than what i was used to the past 2 years. It's one of those jobs (as are many) where every person you deal with thinks that the universe revolves around them. Never mind the calendar, the clock, previous appointments, or lunch ---they want what they want, when they want it. And, me in my sick, distorted way have been trying to accomadate them one by one - only all at the same time. Does that make sense?
I'm learning a new job and I know that takes time, but I have this little problem called "inability to relax". Until I "have it figured out" I feel like I'm running the marathon, if you will, but haven't trained enough to know how to pace myself, or what to do to recover when I start to feel drained.
Thank God for anti-anxiety meds! I just wish they didn't take 6 weeks to start working. (Yeah, I work with the mentally ill and have a small element of my own.) Who doesn't? :)
I'm sure it'll get better - I mean that is what everyone is telling me. I guess I'll trust them and just keep on running the race.

No comments: