Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Phelps, Pools, and Puzzles


Last week, my mom, dad, sister (Kelly) and nephew came for a visit. They stayed Wednesday through Monday, giving my nephew more than enough time to practice his swimming strokes in the pool. Tyler's time was spent on the 3 P's -- Phelps, Pool, and Puzzles.



Several years ago during one of Tyler's visits, I introduced him to puzzles...and this has quickly become one of our past-times together. I really enjoy it, though we only made a small dent in the 1000 piece puzzle we began working on, but it'll get finished. He enjoys looking around at the puzzle pictures which serve as artwork in my garage. The theme is ALWAYS Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.



The evenings were spent watching Michael Phelps earn gold after gold, which (I think) modeled both good sportsmanship and determination in Tyler. He spent the next day at the pool perfecting his breast-stroke and underwater turns and working on his good-looking bronze tan.



He'll be 9 years old on Thursday! That absolutely blows my mind. Seems like yesterday I got the call of his birth and was so excited to have a little guy to spoil rotten. Spoiled? Yes! Rotten? Not a chance. I couldn't be prouder of this little man. He's a GREAT kid and a blast to have around. I can't wait til October when he comes back for his Fall visit! *Yeah, to grandma and papa for bring him!



No comments: