Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Here

Thanks for the response to my "simple question"? I'm back. I hadn't forgotten about the blog world. My reason for absence is simple --- I haven't had much internet access lately. That'll change soon once I get COMCAST out to the house, but until then, please be patient with me.

As for now (tonight) I'm hanging out in Memphis. I am speaking at a conference tomorrow and decided I'd use the offer of a free hotel stay as an opportunity for a one-day get-a-way. I arrived this afternoon around 1, ate some lunch, took a short walk around downtown and have been in the hotel room ever since. It's been nice. My temptation was to run around town and complete some errands, but then I thought "why? I can do that later." So, since about 3:30 this afternoon, its been me, my computer, and the olympics. Again ...I say, NICE.

My presentation isn't until tomorrow morning at 9:30am. I purposefully arranged it to be first thing in the morning so I'd (as my dad always said about family vacations) "get it over with". I should be done around 11 and should be at the Pottery Barn outlet by noon. YEAH!

I've fought the temptation to run across the street and check out the Redbirds baseball game, but figured, pjs, bed, and room service sounded much more appealing. Ahhh.... these are the days when single-hood seems so very pleasing to me.

2 comments:

Sarah W said...

I hope you've had a relaxing time, Traci! I remember enjoying my overnights during work travel. Probably could have eaten anywhere, but ordering room service always hit the spot! :)

Sarah said...

Glad you are still there. I've been checking every day. Enjoy your quite night. I am currently cleaning up the mess in my microwave after Shelby decided to warm up cheese in a plastic container. Needless to say, there is nothing left of it but a charred smelly mess.