Monday, April 21, 2008

Taking Time For Me




WOW, good thing I checked my blog out! Another week or so and we'd be looking at one month since I last blogged. Truth is there hasn't been much to blog about --- thoughts in my head have revolved around work as of late and that has not been worth sharing. Today, I almost have the opposite problem. Thoughts in my head are probably worth sharing, but I'm a "processor" and like to think through things before I put a voice to them (or in this context "typing".)




I was asked the question today "Traci, what do you do for yourself?" And I had a hard time answering. I say this not to be arrogant or haughty about my profession or my personality. It's not a good thing to not care for yourself. So my task(s) for the next couple weeks: #1) find something to do for me and only me, and step #2) slow down long enough to do it.




With rising gas prices and a desire to continue having transporation, I believe I have decided to keep my motorcycle. I bought it about 3 years ago with the intentions of long cruises through TN country-side but in the past year haven't ridden it at all. (Battery went dead and I never bothered to charge it or get a new one). BUT, tonight ... and over the past few weeks...I've thought, "nah, I need to keep it." So that's my decision. We'll see how much I ride it this summer, now that I have my new found intention of doing something for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey St. Louis would be a nice ride... See a trend here?

Michelle McKinney said...

You do need to do something for yourself! Hope you have fun riding!

HD Chic said...

Get out there and RIDE!! Nothin better than the wind in your face even if you are going to work!!