Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I love this holiday. It's actually my favorite. Completely uncommericalized, simple and sincere. A holiday designed to slow us down and consider all the things for which we should be grateful. Here is my top 10 List (in no particular order):



#10. Music --- often the catalyst for sweet memories.

#9. Forgiveness --- considering how frequently I mess up; this is something I ask for frequently.

#8. My Brother and Sisters --- I'm grateful that we are close to one another, that we speak frequently and often know what is going on in the lives of one another.

#7 My Parents --- I'm grateful that I have a two GREAT parents whom I've have always known have loved me and cared about me.

#6 My Friends --- I'm grateful for the paths taken in life that have led me into relationships with so many people and have resulted in friendships with some of the most wonderful people.

#5 My Nephew, Tyler --- I'm grateful that he is as smart, kind-hearted, healthy and resilient as he is.

#4 My Job --- I'm grateful that I work for an agency that is passionate about people. I'm equally grateful that I love the people I work with and for. It makes going to work each morning an easy task.

#3 My Health --- I'm grateful for the ability to walk, run, hear, see, and to breathe in and out with little to no effort.

#2 My Freedom --- I'm grateful that I have the freedom to say what I want to say, do what I want to do, be who I want to be, and believe what I want to believe ... and that's okay.

#1 My Faith --- I'm grateful that somewhere along the way things started to click and I began to really grasp hold of the HOPE that is found in believing in a God that created, a Son that sacrificed, and a Spirit that lives within me. It makes the rough nights easier, the good days sweeter and gives everything in between purpose.

Happy Thanksgiving. May you consider the blessings you have and give thanks with a grateful heart!

1 comment:

Karla said...

#11 I'm thankful for my friend Traci. When is pajama day???