Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tyler's Visit




Well, it's been a week since their visit and I'm a little slow on the BLOG ...but here it is alas:


TYLER'S ANNUAL FALL VISIT TO NASHVILLE!


We got off to a slow start as the first full day was pretty much spent working on the deck. I had asked dad to bring the tools, etc. needed to stain and finish off my deck with some lattice. Sure, I should have notified the homeowners association first, but I figure sometimes "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission", right? (It's been one week and I haven't received notification that it has to come down).


Despite Tyler's typical request to go to Cooter's (a Dukes of Hazard memorabilia store), the Aquarium for dinner, and putt-putt; I had an agenda of our own. Saturday was spent at the pumpkin patch which included the corn maze, hay-ride and searching for the best pumpkins to carve. (see photo) In case you are wondering ....that is what $48 worth of pumpkins looks like. Could that kid be any cuter?


But, my favorite (and I'm pretty sure, Tyler's favorite) part of the trip was our journey to an area county airport. A friend of mine owns a plane and had agreed to give Tyler a tour of the airfield and arrange for him to go up for an arial view of the country-side. His face was priceless as he slowing exited the plane, a little dizzy from the experience. He was quiet but managed to tell us that, William, had let him "turn the plane". Yes, my 8 year old nephew can tell his friends that he has flown a plane. Not many can top that in show and tell. (see photos)


So after pumpkin patches and airfields and several trips to Sonic for dessert; the annual fall trip to Nashville ended. Mom, dad, Tyler and Brian headed back to Illinois on Monday morning. And I returned to the reality of a full week of work.

No comments: