Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Nicest Guy I Know


This is my brother and tomorrow he will be 30 years old. That blows my mind. And so this blog is a tribute to my brother, Brian, the nicest guy I know.
Of course, I was only three or so when Brian was born, but I remember being pretty excited that mom was bringing home a BOY. There are many things I see today that remind me of growing up with my brother; Legos, Transformers, Scooby -Doo, and farm equipment. Life hasn't changed much over the past 30 years as my nephew, almost 8, shares many of the same interest as his uncle Brian did those years ago.
I have fond memories of growing up with my brother, but it's not so much who he was back then that makes me proud; but rather who he's come to be. His busy schedule of church camps, school activities, working on the farm, tutoring and babysitting isn't due to a guy that can't say "no". He's a busy guy because he is loyal, committed, compassionate, and dedicated to others. He cares about people, not just his family, not just his friends, not just kids ... but PEOPLE. He's a man that doesn't take much time for himself, because that would be taking away from care and attention he could be giving to others.
My hope for my, one and only, brother is that others would see that he is truly "a one and only" type of guy. I hope that others would appreciate him as much as I do, but show it to him more.
I hope that he takes care of himself half as well as he takes care of others. And I hope he knows that even though I've probably never said it until tonight; he truly is the nicest guy I know.
Happy Birthday, Brian!
PS: If anyone out there knows of any single girls --- so is he! (karla).... sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Here I was thinking um hello Carla have you met T's brother...he is the nicest guy she knows so he is a bit younger hes pretty cute too....Have you met him?

Karla said...

I've met him...he's very nice...and cute...and single. :)